With summer on its way out and football season around the corner, it’s time to break out some delicious tailgate certified recipes to bid summer farewell. But on the bright side, we can welcome a new season of pigskin, foam fingers and body paint. Here is a tasty Baja Chicken and Slaw Sliders recipe from Taste of Home’s August/September issue that I absolutely love (You guys know how I feel about coleslaw.)
The sliders have a flavorful spicy sauce and colorful crunchy slaw just finishes up the meal. Bon appetit!
- ¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
- ½ tsp. grated lime peel
- ¼ tsp. lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the slaw ingredients. Chill the sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to ½ inch thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inch from the heat for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Grill rolls, cut sides down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce tomatoes and slaw.
Did you like this recipe for Baja Chicken and Slaw Sliders? Check out these similar recipes!