This West Indies Wings recipe is the result of my favorite Caribbean style flavor pairings coming together in a spicy, yet flavorful, wing sauce.
The combination of coconut milk, curry spice, Caribbean hot sauce, and ginger make this sauce supremely addictive, complemented with the right amount of heat.
I’ve made this recipe 4 times and every time it was a hit! People were pouring the wing sauce on everything at my Super Bowl party.
The sauce from these wings would be great on rice or pasta as well. Double the batch and you can get creative!
Do you have a favorite chicken wing recipe? I would love to hear about it! email@example.com.Print
The title of this recipe is inspired by my love of the Caribbean and their flavors.
The ingredients in my West Indies Wings include Caribbean hot sauce, coconut milk, ginger, and curry powder.
- 15–20 chicken wings and/or drummettes
- 1 12 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry seasoning
- 2/3 cup Caribbean style hot sauce (habanero base).
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon fresh ground ginger
- Combine sauce ingredients and stir well. Reserve 1/3 cup for basting and 1/3 cup to be served with the wings as a dipping sauce.
- Marinate the wings in the remaining sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat at 350 degrees and create a direct and indirect cooking zone. Oil the grates of the grill so the wings do not stick.
- Grill the wings on indirect heat for 7-8 minutes each side.
- Finish the wings on direct heat to get nice char marks, basting with sauce on each side.
- Once the internal temp reaches 170 degrees, pull them off.
- Tent under foil for 10 minutes and serve with additional sauce.
For those who don’t tolerate heat, the amount of Caribbean style hot sauce you use can be reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Chicken Wings
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Caribbean
Keywords: Caribbean flavor, spicy grilled wings recipe, Caribbean hot sauce, curry ginger wings, coconut milk marinade, indirect heat chicken wings, char wings
If you love wings, you will also love my Chipotle Sriracha Wings with Blue Cheese Dip, my original long-standing favorite wing recipe.