For weeknight meals, I’m always searching for something fun and creative to make but without a lot of prep and cook time. Many of you know I spend a lot of time commuting from work so weekday lengthy recipes don’t work for me because we don’t like to eat at 10 o’ clock at night!
This recipe is great for others in the same boat. Many of my grilling clinic attendees have told me that “sliders” are perfect for kids because they are the perfect size and they don’t take a long time to cook on the grill. This tasty dish is appealing to adults and kids alike!
- 1 packet chicken cutlets (ie: tenders)
- wing sauce or hot sauce (use mild wing sauce if you don’t like heat)- 1 1/2 cups or more (enough to coat chicken in bowl and reserve some for basting on grill afterwards)
- rolls (buns)
- sandwich dill pickles
- blue cheese dip (see recipe below)
Give the tenders a quick drizzle or olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper. Add enough sauce to coat all the tenders in a medium-large size bowl. Let them marinate at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
Turn grill on to heat up while chicken is marinating; meanwhile- make Scott’s Blue Cheese Dip!
Scott’s Blue Cheese Dip
- 12 oz. container sour cream
- 4 oz. container blue cheese (the better the cheese, the better the dip)
- 2 tblsp minced garlic
- 1 tbls spoon dry mustard
- lots of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- Combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator.
- Grill tenders on direct heat for 3 minutes per side or until thermometer reaches internal temp. of 165 degrees. Baste with additional wing sauce.
- Serve tenders on buns with blue cheese dip, arugula, pickles and extra wing sauce. Serve with additional arugula in the side and blue cheese dip as the dressing.
On the table in less than 30 minutes!
Did you enjoy these buffalo chicken sliders? Check out these related posts!