I’ve been making homemade hot sauce for years and consider myself a hot sauce afficionado of sorts so if you’re looking for the best recipe for homemade hot sauce on the web, well then you’ve come to the right place! If you are a fan of Sriracha, this smoked Sriracha Recipe is so epicly packed with Umami by first smoking the peppers that you absolutely cannot deny that this is the most addictive, umam packed Sriracha you’ve ever had. Just to share my hot sauce street cred, I’ve shared a few recipes like my Caribbean style hot sauce sauce in the earlier days of this website. Early on in my blogging days I fell in love with making my own sriracha for a spell and it was Steamy Kitchen’s sriracha recipe, which is a take on NomNom Paleo’s Sriracha Recipe that inspired this recipe!
So, I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me sooner that Smoked Sriracha is the MOST EPIC thing you can make on the grill almost 10 years ago when I first started making Sriracha! So here I am with SMOKED SRIRACHA! This Smoked Sriracha is a GAME CHANGER because it adds so much smoky umami packed flavor to everything!
A NO-Ferment Sriracha Sauce Recipe
This sauce doesn’t need the fermenting because it already packs a double umami punch with the smoked peppers combined with the natural umami of the fish sauce in the Sriracha. Paired with garlic, honey, rice vinegar, and the smoked peppers and you have a flavorful, balanced Sriracha that adds amazing flavor and heat and compliments just about everything!
Keto Friendly Smoked Sriracha Sauce Recipe
Paleo / Whole 30 Paleo Smoked Sriracha Sauce Recipe
The Best Sriracha is SMOKED Sriracha because it packs a double umami punch!!! If you make this sauce, you will be rewarded with epic flavor that compliments everything you eat while also adding a bit of heat.
- 1 cup smoked fresno peppers OR red jalapenos
- 1 cup mini peppers
- 1 San Marzano or Roma tomato
- 1 head of garlic, roughly smashed
- 1/3rd cup unsweetened/natural rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey *** if doing Keto this needs to be swapped with lankanto maple or choc zero maple
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (for Paleo / Whole 30 use Red Boat Fish Sauce).
- Create a direct and indirect zone on your (charcoal) grill. Place peppers on indirect heat and let them absorb the smoke. Grill them for 20 minutes or more until they have begun to roast, eventually transfer at the end to get final char marks before transferring to a plate.
- Let the peppers cool and remove stems. You can roast these peppers one night after grilling your main course and then make the sauce with them the next day.
- Put ingredients in a food processor (or blender if you don’t have a food processor) and pulse until it forms a uniform texture and consistency. You will seeds in the sauce from the peppers but make sure there are no lumps in the mix.
- Transfer the pepper mix to medium sized pot. Let it get to a boil and then reduce to simmer, about 20 minutes. Prepare to have your MIND BLOWN with SMOKED SRIRACHA!!!
Affiliate links have been used- if you purchase anything this blog can make small commission which helps us keep bringing these awesome grilling recipes to you!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: sauce, hot sauce, condiment, dip,
- Method: grill, simmer
- Cuisine: Asian, BBQ
Keywords: recipe for homemade hot sauce
Love hot sauce? Check out my other hot sauce recipes!