So, I don’t know why it didn’t occur to me sooner that Smoked Sriracha is the MOST EPIC thing you can make on the grill almost 10 years ago when I first started making Sriracha! So here I am with SMOKED SRIRACHA! This Smoked Sriracha is a GAME CHANGER because it adds so much flavor to everything!
This sauce doesn’t need the fermenting because it already packs a double umami punch with the smoked peppers combined with the natural umami of the fish sauce in the Sriracha. Paired with garlic, honey, rice vinegar, and the smoked peppers and you have a flavorful, balanced Sriracha that adds amazing flavor and heat and compliments just about everything!
Keto Friendly Smoked Sriracha Sauce Recipe
Paleo / Whole 30 Paleo Smoked Sriracha Sauce Recipe
The Best Sriracha is SMOKED Sriracha because it packs a double umami punch!!! If you make this sauce, you will be rewarded with epic flavor that compliments everything you eat while also adding a bit of heat.
- 1 cup smoked fresno peppers OR red jalapenos
- 1 cup mini peppers
- 1 San Marzano or Roma tomato
- 1 head of garlic, roughly smashed
- 1/3rd cup unsweetened/natural rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey *** if doing Keto this needs to be swapped with lankanto maple or choc zero maple
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (for Paleo / Whole 30 use Red Boat Fish Sauce).
- Create a direct and indirect zone on your (charcoal) grill. Place peppers on indirect heat and let them absorb the smoke. Grill them for 20 minutes or more until they have begun to roast, eventually transfer at the end to get final char marks before transferring to a plate.
- Let the peppers cool and remove stems. You can roast these peppers one night after grilling your main course and then make the sauce with them the next day.
- Put ingredients in a food processor (or blender if you don’t have a food processor) and pulse until it forms a uniform texture and consistency. You will seeds in the sauce from the peppers but make sure there are no lumps in the mix.
- Transfer the pepper mix to medium sized pot. Let it get to a boil and then reduce to simmer, about 20 minutes. Prepare to have your MIND BLOWN with SMOKED SRIRACHA!!!
Affiliate links have been used- if you purchase anything this blog can make small commission which helps us keep bringing these awesome grilling recipes to you!
- Category: sauce, hot sauce, condiment, dip,
- Method: grill, simmer
- Cuisine: Asian, BBQ
Keywords: make your own sriracha, easy smoked sriracha recipe, how to make quick sriracha, smoked sriracha recipe, how to make smoked sriracha, what is sriracha sauce?
Love hot sauce? Check out my other hot sauce recipes!