Harissa, a North African pepper sauce, is a great way to easily add flavor to all kinds of foods. In this sheet pan recipe, the spice of harissa pairs nicely with bright orange zest to make a perfect topping for salmon and vegetables.
Eating fatty wild caught fish like salmon twice a week is a good way to get more anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids in your diet. Sheet pan meals are one way to get this good–for–you superfood on the table with minimal effort.
This sheet pan harissa orange salmon dinner goes from your pellet smoker to outdoor table fast, allowing you to take advantage of summer dining at its best.Print
To round out this sheet pan dinner, the smoked harissa salmon is paired with broccolini and sweet potatoes.
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 3 Tbsp. avocado oil, divided
- 12 oz. broccolini, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. harissa sauce (spicy or mild)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 (5-oz.) wild caught salmon filets
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your pellet smoker to 425° F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place sheet pan on the grill; cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss broccolini with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Move sweet potato slices to one side of the sheet pan and place broccolini on the other. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir together harissa and orange zest. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Carefully move the sweet potatoes and broccolini to make room for salmon filets. Spread harissa sauce evenly over each piece. Close lid and continue cooking for 10-14 minutes or until salmon flakes easily and internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Keywords: pellet smoker, harissa, salmon, broccolini, sweet potatoes, sheet pan, smoked salmon, orange salmon, orange