Jalapeno Poppers are just about my favorite thing on the planet. Other than Flamingos. But that’s another story.
I like to make a big batch of Jalapeno Poppers and just eat a bunch of them for dinner because I love them so much. And they are the perfect appetizer for just about ANY Occassion. I’ve done ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) just about a million different ways (we make them with duck during duck hunting season too), where I wrap them with bacon and secure them with a toothpick, or stuff them with cheese and prosciutto.
This Pimento Cheese Jalapeño Poppers recipe is by far the easiest and most efficient way to make the spicy treats in my humble opinion.
This style of ABTs involves slicing the jalapeño in half lengthwise and using it as a boat to hold the ingredients, eliminating the need for wrapping it in bacon and securing it with a toothpick. This means I can make more poppers in less time and consequentially eat even more of them!
Caviar of the South
I made these extra special by mixing the cream cheese with the “Caviar of the South”, aka Pimento Cheese. If you’ve never had Pimento Cheese, it’s definitely a Southern Thing Ya’ll and it works perfectly in this recipe.
Pimento Cheese is a cheese spread that has little piquant pimento peppers mixed into the mix. I have a stellar cold smoked pimento cheese recipe in my cookbook that makes regular pimento cheese jealous. But I digress….
I make these alongside my Alabama White BBQ Sauce Chicken Wings and a Fire Roasted Poblano Queso Dip on my Green Mountain Grill Pellet Smoker for an EPIC game day spread that can all be cooked in under 45 minutes! Even if your team doesn’t win, you’ll win with these recipes!
I’m a fan of my Green Mountain Grill because it adds smokiness to everything I cook while being super easy to use! And all foods benefit from the flavor of smoke, am I right?
Oh, and did I mention that these are Keto/Low Carb? So no guilt here people!
Serve these at your next party and let me know how it goes! firstname.lastname@example.org
Southern Pimento Cheese pairs perfectly with cream cheese for Jalapeno Poppers, aka Atomic Buffalo Turds.
Precook the bacon halfway, about 3 minutes in the microwave, before placing in your grill and the bacon will be cooked perfectly when you pull your poppers off the grill.
You know they’re ready once the bottom has begun to char and the cheese is melted.
- 1 lb jalapenos, sliced lengthwise with seeds removed
- 1 lb bacon – precook the bacon for 3 minutes in microwave before placing on poppers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pimento cheese
- dash bbq rub
- Place the cream cheese out so it can soften. Meanwhile, cut the tops off the jalapenos and slice them lengthwise in half, while also removing the seeds.
- Microwave or cook the bacon so it is halfway done — this is about 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Mix the cream cheese with the pimento cheese and add a generous scoop in each jalapeno.
- Add a light dusting of bbq rub to the poppers.
- Finish with a hearty piece of bacon on the top of the cheese mixture. This can be cut to fit.
- Cook the jalapeno poppers at 350 degrees on your pellet smoker or grill for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms have begun to form nice char marks and the cheese has begun to melt.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Green Mountain Grills. I only work with brands I use and endorse! Visit Green Mountain Grills online for recipes, grilling tips, and more.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
Keywords: ABT, atomic buffalo turds recipe, jalapeno poppers with bacon, cream cheese jalapeno, grilled jalapeno recipe, green mountain grills recipe, gmg jalapeno poppers recipe,
Do you love Jalapeño Poppers? I got you covered! Check out this Prosciutto and Havarti Jalapeno Popper recipe on GrillGirl.com!
Visit Green Mountain Grills online
This recipe was developed in partnership with our friends at Green Mountain Grills. I only work with brands I use and endorse!