This queso recipe is so darn easy, yet yields amazing results!
By fire roasting the poblano and tomato first, you add a nice smoky flavor to this queso dip which is made entirely on your pellet grill or smoker.
The key to this queso dip is using Velveeta so it melts easily, adding your smoked ingredients, and then finishing with fresh cilantro at the end.
This dip is perfect for everyone! You can serve it with tortilla chips or even pork rinds for those of your friends who are on the keto diet.
I make my Poblano Queso on my versatile Green Mountain Grills smoker, which I love because it adds smoke flavor at the push of a button. GMG cookers make it easy to grill anytime instead of using your oven, with the added benefit of wood-fired smokey flavor.
If you don’t have a grill, you can also roast the poblano pepper directly over a gas burner to get it charred. Of course nothing can substitute making something on your grill or smoker!
Make sure to cook the queso in a grill safe container, I like to use cast iron, but you can also use a small aluminum pan if you don’t have a cast iron dutch oven.
You can make this Smoked Poblano Queso, in addition to Alabama White Sauce Chicken Wings and Pimento Cheese Jalapeno Poppers, all on your pellet smoker at the same time in under 45 minutes. Now how is that for easy and efficient?
Let me know how you like it! firstname.lastname@example.orgPrint
This quick queso dip benefits from smoking a poblano pepper and tomato while the cheese melts on the smoker and adding it to the queso at the end, finished with a sprig of cilantro.
I made this recipe on a Green Mountain Grills pellet smoker, but it can be made on any grill or even the oven, but what sets it apart is the smoky flavor of the poblano and the dip from being cooked on the grill.
- 16 oz Velveeta Queso Blanco (you need to use Velveeta in this recipe because of the way it melts)
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 roma tomato, sliced in half lengthwise
- dash smoked paprika
- large bunch cilantro, added at the end
- Put the Velveeta in a grill safe bowl or cast iron pot. Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Add the cast iron pot, and let the poblano and tomato roast on the grill.
- When the cheese has completely melted, and the poblano has begun to char, remove the poblano and tomato.
- Roughly slice vegetables, and add to the cheese, stirring to combine.
- Remove the cheese dip from the grill and roughly chop the cilantro and place as garnish on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Or if you are eating low carb, try it with pork rinds.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Green Mountain Grills. I only work with brands I personally use and endorse.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: smoked cheese dip, smoked queso, smoked poblano queso dip, velveeta mexican dip recipe, cheese dip on pellet smoker
Want to up your appetizer game? I got you covered! Check out some of my most popular party food recipes below!
Note: this is a partnered post with my friends from Green Mountain Grills. I only work with companies I support and endorse! Thanks! Sponsored posts keep this site going!