A sheet pan dinner is popular because they are so convenient. These stuffed chicken meatballs and zucchini noodles are a full meal cooked on a single pan; talk about easy clean-up!
I find the key to a good sheet pan dinner is to stagger the times that certain ingredients are added to the pan during the cooking process.
Start with the thing that takes the longest to cook — in this case, stuffed chicken meatballs — and add faster cooking ingredients later, like zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles. This way the whole meal is ready at the same time and nothing is over or undercooked.
In my practice, I get a lot of questions about dairy products. For those who are not lactose intolerant or sensitive to dairy proteins, dairy products like cheese, cream, yogurt, and butter can be a part of a balanced diet.
The key is to pick the highest-quality products — look for grass-fed or pasture raised. Grass-fed products have a better nutritional profile (not to mention environmental impact!).
Sheet Pan Stuffed Chicken Meatballs and Zoodles
This sheet pan dinner can just as easily be made in the oven, but the pellet smoker adds a nice hint of smoky flavor and doesn’t heat up the house during warmer weather.
- 1 lb. ground chicken (or your favorite ground meat)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. water or broth
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb blend
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 pieces (I like using two pieces of string cheese, cut into eight pieces each to keep it simple!)
- 1 lb. grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb. zucchini, cut into zoodles (or purchase already cut zoodles)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat your pellet smoker, or another cooker, to 425°.
- Brush or spray a rimmed sheet pan with avocado oil.
- In a bowl combine all meatball ingredients except the mozzarella cheese. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a ball around a piece of mozzarella cheese making sure the cheese is fully covered. Place on prepared pan.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle around the meatballs.
- Place sheet pan on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss zucchini noodles with remaining oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Using a small spatula, carefully move the meatballs and tomatoes to the outside of the sheet pan. Place seasoned zoodles in the center of the sheet pan. Continue cooking, about 10 minutes, or until the zoodles are hot and tender and the meatballs have cooked through- when testing the internal temp of meats I recommend using a thermapen so I know when it is done. Ground chicken should have an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Serve meatballs and tomatoes over zoodles. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Note: Affiliate links have been used. Using the links helps keep the site going and there is no cost to you. Thanks!
What is your favorite recipe to cook on your pellet smoker? Check out all the Pellet Smoker Recipes we have on the site. If you try this recipe, leave a comment below! Thanks in advance!
Did you enjoy this sheet man dinner with chicken meatballs and zucchini noodles? Check out these other delicious recipes!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.