We all know Bananas Foster is simply delicious.
And this recipe so awesome I feel giddy as I am typing this! Let me tell you, if you normally like Bananas Foster, making it on the grill makes it even more sexy and provocative with a little smoke from the grill. Topping this with a good vanilla bean ice cream and a rich Rum Glaze seals the deal.
If you make this Bananas Foster the next time you have friends over and cookout, your name will definitely go down in history.
Trust me- you'll be a living legend! It's that good!Print
Grilled Bananas Foster with Myer's Rum Sauce
- Yield: serves 4
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthwise with skin on
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dark rum (I prefer Meyers Rum)
- 1/2 cup cup brown sugar
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup candied pecans or pralines (optional)
- Prepare a grill for medium heat at 350 degrees, creating direct and indirect zones.
- In a grill safe saucepan (this can also be done inside), melt the butter, add the brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and salt and stir on the indirect heat side.
- Add the rum and let the sauce reduce down.
- While the sauce reduces on the grill, grill the bananas, exposed side down, until char marks form, repeat on “skin on” side (keeping the skin on helps keep the bananas in tact).
- Remove the bananas from the grill and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Scoop ice cream into a bowl. Remove the banana from its skin and place on top of ice cream. Drizzle the rum sauce generously over the banana and ice cream mixture. Add pecans or pralines if you so desire!
If you loved this bananas foster, check these delicious recipes out!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.