This is my own recipe that came about from a few recipes I found online and then I put my own twist on it. At the time, I'm sure the ingredients I had on hand had a lot to do with it. Scott originally said he didn't like coleslaw but the first time I made this he had 3 servings.
This is great as a side or added to fish tacos. This would go great with any fish or pork dish. This would work great paired with Ribs.Print
Chipotle Cilantro Coleslaw
- half head cabbage (green or red cabbage is fine) (or more, depending on the size)
- one medium sized apple or pear, grated
- 3 tblsp. chopped fresh cilantro. (you cannot use dried cilantro.)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion, (or half of a small onion)
- 3–4 chipotle peppers in adobo (here we go again- can't help it!!), chopped
- 1/4 c. mayonaise (I prefer light mayo, you can't tell the difference in this recipe)
- 1/4 c. Sour Cream (again, I choose nonfat SC, you can't tell the difference)
- 2 tblsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tblsp. lemon or lime juice (+ more to taste if the slaw is too dry)
- 1 tblsp. sugar or splenda (I use splenda- the lower the calories the better!)
I mix all the wet ingredients first then add the sugar, grated apple, chilis, cilantro, etc then the cabbage at the end. Let this slaw sit for 30 minutes to marinate first. You will dig this recipe.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.
Hello! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely
enjoy reading through your posts. Can you recommend any other
blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?