A lot of people only think of lamb for those special occasions, primarily Easter. I’ve been on a lamb kick lately and discovered that lamb is the perfect dish all year round. Learning how to grill a boneless leg of lamb is great for when you have friends and family over as it will feed a crowd, and it also cooks relatively quickly on the grill — you can cook it in just under an hour!
How to cook a boneless leg of lamb:
The best marinade for grilled lamb:
What temperature to cook lamb:
How long to grill a boneless leg of lamb:
Note: I'm working with the American Lamb Board to develop Recipes — partnerships such as these help keep this blog going!
Grilled Rosemary Lemon Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Total Time: 1:25
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 boneless leg of lamb
- 1 large bunch rosemary
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 large bunch rosemary
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in the food processor until uniform in consistency.
- Next, slather the marinade on the lamb and let marinate for 30 minutes or more in the refrigerator.
- Prepare your grill for medium high heat at 350 degrees, and create direct and indirect zones.
- Grill the leg of lamb on indirect heat for 45 minutes or until an internal read thermometer registers 135 degrees. Now, transfer the leg to the direct side and let it continue to cook for another 5 minutes on each side. Use a brick covered in foil to help flatten the meat on the grill which will also help the outside get crispy.
- Once an internal read thermometer like the Thermapen reads 145 degrees, pull the leg off the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes under foil so the juices can redistribute.
- Slice against the grain for a beautiful presentation. How do you like to prepare lamb? I look forward to hearing your ideas!
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
Keywords: rosemary lemon leg of lamb, boneless leg of lamb, how to grill boneless leg of lamb, easter leg of lamb
Did you enjoy this recipe for rosemary lemon boneless leg of lamb? Check out these related posts!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
What do you do if you don’t have a grill?
Hi kay, you can do this in the oven at 350 degrees – roast until an internal read thermometer registers 140 degrees and then let rest for 10 minutes or more to get to 145.
Best of luck!!
Thanks for the reply. I’ll be looking forward to more receipts. Can’t wait to try the lamb! Kay Scott