- 1 lb pork tenderloin (if using 2 pork tenderloins, double the rub and glaze recipes)
Island Spice Rub:
- 2 tsp sea salt (I use smoked sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Mango Ginger Glaze:
- ½ cup mango ginger chutney
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or the juice of ½ large lemon
- 1 tsp (or more) lemon zest
- ½ tbsp honey
- Combine rub ingredients. Next, apply a light coating of olive oil to pork tenderloins. Apply the rub generously on the pork using the entire mixture.
- Meanwhile, start working on your glaze. In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients and let simmer on low for 10 minutes. Divide the glaze evenly among two bowls- one to use as a glaze for grilling and the other to serve with the pork at dinner.
- Preheat your grill to 375 degrees creating a direct and indirect cooking zone. Cook the pork tenderloin on indirect heat for 6 minutes per side, for a total of 12 minutes.
- Coat with with the glaze on both sides before the final sear. Make sure your “direct” side whether on gas or charcoal is nice and hot – ideally at 400 degrees or slightly higher. Sear the pork on each side for 4 minutes or until an internal thermometer (I suggest the instant read thermapen) registers 145 degrees. Pull off the grill and tent under foil for 10 minutes.
- Serve the meat with additional glaze and your favorite veggies. I paired this with an arugula salad with Curried Ranch Dressing. I must warn you, the glaze on this pork is HIGHLY addictive!