This is my go-to coleslaw recipe that pairs perfectly with BBQ, seafood, just about anything. It uses lime juice or lemon juice and while it is a mayo base, it is not a very mayo-ish slaw. People ask for this recipe all the time, even people who claim to not like coleslaw! Yes, it is that good! Hence the name!
- 6 cups shredded cabbage ( you can use bagged cabbage to make it easier)
- 1 cup of mayonnaise ( I use Dukes mayonnaise light – 50 calories per tbsp )
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp of sugar ( I use splenda and I think it taste great )
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 cups chopped onions ( I use a white sweet onion or a vidalia when they are in season)
Combine all the ingredients. Cover and chill for two hours. Serves eight.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: none
- Category: Coleslaw, BBQ Sides, Seafood Sides
- Cuisine: American, BBQ
Keywords: Best Ever Coleslaw Recipe, Charleston Style Coleslaw, Light Coleslaw Recipe