If you love smoked meat, an awesome way to repurpose your leftovers are with BBQ (Chicken, Pork, Beef) pizza! This BBQ chicken pizza gives you the ingredients to transform BBQ flavors into something magical- pizza!
- Pizza dough, enough for one large pizza or 4 small personal pizzas. (If you need a great pizza dough recipe, here is a winning dough recipe, or you can also check out Urban Slicer dough kits, made especially for the grill!)
- Corn meal (this is necessary so the dough will slide off the pizza peel or cutting board)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 cups chopped BBQ chicken (already cooked) or leftover BBQ such as pork, brisket etc.
- 1/2 cup balsamic braised onions (this is done by thinly slicing a red onion and cooking it down in 2 tbsp. of balsamic. This part is optional but a nice addition)
- Sprig of arugula OR chopped green onions (optional)
- Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface, spreading it evenly in a circle for the pizzas. This recipe will make approximately 2 large pizzas or 4 smaller pizzas.
- Sprinkle your cutting board or pizza peel with flour, then dust it with corn meal.
- Place the dough on the cutting board/pizza peel and layer with sauce. Get your dough thinly spread out so it cooks evenly in the smoker. I find thinner crust works best for cooking evenly so you don’t get doughy parts.
- Add cheese.
- Follow the instructions for the Green Mountain Grill Pizza Oven insert and place it into Pizza Oven mode via the app. Set the temperature to 225; once it has reached temp, slide the pizza into the pizza oven attachment.
- Let the pizza cook 4-8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the pizza has begun to brown. You will need to turn the pizza once during the process to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Garnish with fresh arugula or chopped green onions at the end before serving.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Green Mountain Grills. I only work with companies I personally use and endorse.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-8 minutes
- Category: Grilled BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Pizza, Grilled Pizza Recipe
Keywords: BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe, Grilled Pizza Recipe, Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza, How to Grill Pizza, Green Mountain Grill Pizza Oven Recipes, Green Mountain Grills BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe