Blue cheese smash burgers gloriously adorn a classic wedge salad for the perfect low carb burger and salad combo. If you love Blue cheese and blue cheese burgers, this recipe is for you!
Blue Cheese Dressing:
- ½ cup blue cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Dash ground garlic or 1 clove smashed garlic
- ¼ cup Mayo (look for mayo made without seed oils)
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- Freshly ground sea salt, pepper to taste
- Combine with a fork break up large chunks of cheese.
Blue Cheese (Smash) Burgers:
- 16 oz (1lb) grassfed chuck (beef)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp The W Sauce or Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 strips of cooked bacon- chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing (recipe above)
Make your homemade blue cheese dressing before you start your burgers and and let it hang in the fridge until you are ready to use.
Mix your ground chuck, The W Sauce Worcestershire Sauce, butter, salt and pepper to make smash burgers. Before you start frying your burgers, cook your bacon in the microwave or oven to have ready for your salad. Next, Heat a cast iron pan to medium high heat, coat the pan with butter and place a handful of meat, not in a patty but loosely together, on the pan and smash with a spatula to get crispy edges. Flip after a minute and then add your Blue Cheese.
Assemble the Wedge:
Slice a head of iceberg into quarters. Put on a plate and layer on the Blue cheese dressing, cherry tomatoes, bacon and then finally your Smash burger. You can also add more chunks of blue cheese at this time if you so desire. Take one of your steak knives and use it to secure the smash burger to the wedge.
Affiliate links have been used.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Blue Cheese Burgers
- Method: Pan fry, Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blue cheese burgers, blue cheese smash burgers, wedge salad recipe