This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a fun spin on traditional pizza and the perfect pairing of buffalo sauce, blue cheese and grilled chicken.
Einkorn Pizza Dough Recipe (this is from the back of the Jovial Einkorn Flour package)
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. dry active yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 cups all purpose Einkorn Flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp (organic) extra virgin oil
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Toppings
- 1 cup Buffalo Sauce (butter, Franks Red Hot, Sunshine State of Mind Craft BBQ Rub – full recipe below)
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup diced grilled chicken
FLORIDA ORANGE BUFFALO SAUCE RECIPE
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup Frank’s RedHot
- 3 heaping tbsp Sunshine State of Mind Craft BBQ Rub
- In a large bow, mix together the water, yeast, sugar, and 1 cup (120 g) of the flour. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining 4 cups (480 g) of flour and the salt and mix together as much as you can with a silf spatula or with a dough attachment on a food processor. Add the oil and begin kneading the dough in the bowl until it holds together.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Turn out the dough and knead for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the dough back in the bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- While the dough is proofing, grill your chicken until it reaches an internal temp of 165 internal temp as measured by an instant read thermometer. Make your sauce by combining butter, Frank’s RedHot, and Sunshine State of Mind Craft BBQ Rub. Set aside until time to make pizzas.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a tight ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover the dough with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Place 2 baking sheets in the oven. Preheat the oven to 500°F for 30 minutes.
- Heavily dust a piece of parchment paper with flour and use your hands to gently stretch out each piece of dough into an 8″ round. Slide the dough onto the preheated baking sheet.
- Add toppings. Bake the pizzas for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are dark brown and the cheese just
begins to brown. Serve the pizzas immediately, hot out of the oven.
Note: If you are using a pizza stone, preheat it at 500°F for 60 minutes while the dough proofs and use a floured pizza peel to transfer the pizza to the stone.
Affiliate links have been used in this post.
- Prep Time: 3 hours`
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Pizza, Grilled Pizza, Einkhorn Flour Pizza
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza