Cook the perfect Filet Mignon on your Big Green Egg with this easy recipe tutorial.
- 2 filet mignon steaks
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Kitchen twine
- thermapen or your preferred meat thermometer
- Use the twine to tie each filet around the sides in two spots to keep its shape. Season the filets liberally with kosher salt and pepper and allow to sit out on the counter while preparing the grill. This will allow the moisture in the meat to seep out, grab the seasonings and pull the flavors back down into the meat.
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking at 250°.
- Once the temperature is stabilized, place the filets in the center of the grates and close the lid. Cook until they reach 125° internal temperature as measured by an internal read thermometer like the thermapen.
- Remove and allow to rest while preparing for the next step.
- Remove the ConvEGGtor and switch over to direct grilling.
- Allow the grill time to build that fire nice and hot, about 5 to 10 minutes. For this step of the process, the hotter the better. We want those grates to have time to heat up!
- Place the steaks on the grates over the fire. Sear each steak for 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Once you have done that, flip each steak and repeat for the opposite side. You don’t want to leave them on for too long, just enough time to build a char and form a crust.
- Remove the steaks and serve. They should be pink from “coast to coast!”
affiliate links have been used. We only recommend products we use and endorse here at GrillGirl.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Category: Grill, BBQ, Dinner, Steak, Grilled Filet Mignon
- Method: Grill, Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Filet Mignon on the Big Green Egg