- 1 16 oz. packet Queso De Freir grilling cheese, or similar grilling cheese
1 large bunch basil
1 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 pint cherry tomatoes
4 cups arugula
Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the Queso De Freir into ½-inch-thick squares and place on skewers. Thread the tomatoes on the skewers OR use a grill pan.
- Sprinkle the Queso de Freir with salt and pepper.
- With a stick or immersion blender, combine the olive oil, basil and garlic to form a puree.
- Grill the skewers until char marks have formed, flipping once char marks have been achieved on the first side.
- Remove from the grill once char marks have been obtained. Place the Queso de Freir next to the arugula and add the tomatoes to the arugula salad.
- Drizzle the salad and tomatoes with the basil oil and then add a touch of balsamic glaze.