The Classically Southern Pimento Cheese Spread gets a smoky flavor upgrade with the addition of grilled red peppers in this highly addictive spread that pairs with crackers, burgers and even deviled eggs.
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
- 4 smoked mini red bell peppers OR one average sized grilled red pepper- equivalent to roughly one cup chopped
- 1/3 cup mayo – *true Southerner’s use “Dukes”, but if you are Paleo or care about your health I recommend making your own and getting rid of any seed oils in your diet! When I can’t make my own I buy avocado oil mayo
- 2 tbsp cream or neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dill pickle juice (optional but so worth it!)
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot sauce (Crystal is a what Southerners often use)
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
Prepare a grill for medium direct heat and grill the peppers until they have developed char marks on all sides. Remove from the grill and let cool.
While the peppers cool, combine the remaining ingredients. Chop up the peppers finely and add to the pimento cheese mixture. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving so the flavors have time to come together.
Serve with Ritz crackers and celery at your next tailgate or add as a topping to cheeseburgers. It’s delicious, such as in my Pimento Cheese and Bacon Cheeseburgers.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Sandwich Spread, Dip,
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American, Southern
Keywords: Grilled Red Pepper Pimento Cheese, What is in Pimento Cheese, Authentic Southern Style Pimento Cheese, Is Pimento Cheese Keto, Keto Pimento Cheese, Grilled Pepper Pimento Cheese, Smoky Pimento Cheese