I’m super excited to announce my newest contributor, Doug Scheiding, from Rogue Cookers! Doug is a BBQ Badass, who has won the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo BBQ World Grand Champion 2015, 1st place in Cooks choice at the Jack Daniels invitational in 2015, among many other accolades! Not to mention he is a Rocket Science (seriously!), a Cooking Instructor for Traeger Grills, and a really great cook, as you can tell, who is sharing the perfect BBQ sauce for Venison!
I’m so stoked to have Doug contributing to GRILLGIRL.COM to share his knowledge! And one thing we need more of on this site are Venison recipes! Venison is a delicious protein, and now we have the perfect sauce to compliment Wild Game!
This sauce is great to make with fresh blueberries but you can use frozen blueberries in a pinch. I love that this sauce uses basic ingredients you can easily find, like rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup and minced onion. If you happen to try this recipe, don’t forget to leave a comment below and tell us what you think!!!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (stems removed)
- 1 tbsp canola oil (substitute grapeseed or avocado oil)
- 1 fresh jalapeño, chopped and seedless
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Chipotle Tabasco
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Heat oil in a sauce pan or large cast iron skillet.
- Add onions and jalapeños. Sauté until soft.
- Stir in blueberries, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, mustard and Tabasco.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Use an emulsion blender to puree until smooth. If you used a cast iron skillet, blend mixture in a blender.
- Reheat in a sauce pan.
- Add butter and stir until it melts. Once melted, the sauce is ready to be served over your favorite wild game! Enjoy!
Keywords: wild game blueberry bbq sauce, blueberry bbq sauce
*Affiliate links have been used in this post. If you purchase anything on the links, the site may make a small commission to help keep delivering great content to you!*
If you enjoyed this recipe for Wild Game Blueberry BBQ Sauce, check out these similar recipes!