These Turkey Lasagna Wonton Cups are a speciality of Texas Pitmaster Kathy Pullin.
When you bite into one of these tasty (and unique) lasagna cups, you’ll see why this recipe has been a standout dish in Kathy Pullin’s cooking arsenal.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 6 ounces of diced pancetta
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning – pick your favorite
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 8 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces of shredded Italian cheese
- 2 cups of marinara
- Salt and pepper
- Lots of wonton wrappers
- First, grab your ground turkey, pancetta and onion. Once you’ve got those together, put them in a cast iron skillet and let it all sauté over hot coals to get that turkey nice and brown.
- Once that turkey starts taking to a tan, mince up that garlic clove and toss it into the skillet with the Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon of basil and 1/4 teaspoon of parsley. When that’s simmering, add just a touch of salt and pepper.
- Is that turkey nice and brown? Toss in the marina and set it all aside.
- Now is where things get cheesy. Bust out all that ricotta and 6 ounces of mozzarella and another 6 ounces of the shredded Italian cheese. Mix all that cheese and the rest of the basil and parsley in a separate bowl.
- Grease your favorite cupcake pan and place wonton wrappers in the center of each cupcake holder.
- Scoop out a teaspoon of the meat mixture, toss that on the wonton wrapper and then top it with a teaspoon of the cheese mix. Room to spare? That’s by design. Add in another teaspoon of meat mix and top it again with shredded cheese. Repeat and then repeat some more.
- Now it’s time to get hot. Bake all these savory wontons over hot coals at 350 degrees and set your timer for 20 minutes until they’re finished cooking.
Once they’re hot and bubbly you’ll know they’re done.
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Baked
Keywords: turkey, lasagna, wonton, cheese, italian