Who else loves, I mean LOVES pickles? If pickles are your jam, wait til you try them smoked! Kissing your veggies with smoke before turning them into pickles makes for an EPIC, I mean EPIC pickle!
I originally developed this recipe for my cookbook, Healthy Electric Smoker, and here it is, available for everyone to enjoy!
Smoked pickles jazz up your average charcuterie platter, and are a great addition to the smoked Bloody Marys. Get creative with any veggies you like, using what is in season! This is a simple quick refrigerator pickle recipe that will keep pickles in the fridge for up to a few months, though it’s doubtful they’ll last that long!Print
Smoked Quick Pickles
Smoked Pickles are super easy and the most epic addition to any charcuterie platter or bloody mary! Simply smoke the cucumbers or any veggie for 20 minutes before putting in your pickle brine for an amazing pickle that elevates any party spread!
-Serves: 2 pint jars of pickles
-Prep time 20 minutes (not including refrigerator time)
-Cook time 20 minutes
-Smoking wood: oak or alder
-Smoker temp 225
-Rest time: n/a
- 1 lbs cucumbers, sliced in ¼” pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 cloves smashed garlic
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp kosher sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1) Slice cucumbers and place on frog mat. Smoke at 225 for 20 minutes so cucumbers develop light smoke but don’t begin to cook.
2) While the cucumbers are smoking, rinse your pint jars with soapy water and dry.
3) Combine the water, vinegar, salt and sugar in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over high heat, letting the salt and sugar dissolve completely.
4) Put the herbs, spices and garlic in the pint jars.
5) Remove the cucumbers from the smoker and let cool a bit. Then add cucumbers to the jars until they are about ¾ full.
6) Pour the pickling liquid into the jars leaving about ½ inch from the top.
7) Place the lids on tightly and let the pickles marinate in the refrigerator for 48 hours before trying them to let the flavors meld together.
This recipe was originally developed for my cookbook, Healthy Electric Smoker.
*affiliate links have been used.
Hungry for more? We got you covered with creative, out of the box recipes on the grill guaranteed to make you look like a Grilling Rockstar!!!???
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.