Southern Pimento Cheese pairs perfectly with cream cheese for Jalapeno Poppers, aka Atomic Buffalo Turds.
Precook the bacon halfway, about 3 minutes in the microwave, before placing in your grill and the bacon will be cooked perfectly when you pull your poppers off the grill.
You know they’re ready once the bottom has begun to char and the cheese is melted.
- 1 lb jalapenos, sliced lengthwise with seeds removed
- 1 lb bacon – precook the bacon for 3 minutes in microwave before placing on poppers
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pimento cheese
- dash bbq rub
- Place the cream cheese out so it can soften. Meanwhile, cut the tops off the jalapenos and slice them lengthwise in half, while also removing the seeds.
- Microwave or cook the bacon so it is halfway done — this is about 3 minutes in the microwave.
- Mix the cream cheese with the pimento cheese and add a generous scoop in each jalapeno.
- Add a light dusting of bbq rub to the poppers.
- Finish with a hearty piece of bacon on the top of the cheese mixture. This can be cut to fit.
- Cook the jalapeno poppers at 350 degrees on your pellet smoker or grill for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms have begun to form nice char marks and the cheese has begun to melt.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Green Mountain Grills. I only work with brands I use and endorse! Visit Green Mountain Grills online for recipes, grilling tips, and more.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilled
Keywords: ABT, atomic buffalo turds recipe, jalapeno poppers with bacon, cream cheese jalapeno, grilled jalapeno recipe, green mountain grills recipe, gmg jalapeno poppers recipe,