Serving Size One Dozen Oysters
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Smoking Wood Alder
Smoker Temp 250
Rest Time none
- 1 dozen fresh oysters
- 3 tbsp bacon- approximately 2 pieces of bacon, cooked ¾ of the way through, fatty parts removed
- ½ cup Kale leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- With an oyster knife, open the oysters and remove the top leaving the oyster on the bottom half for layering the other ingredients.
- Combine all other ingredients and spoon over each oyster.
- Use a frog mat underneath the oysters so they don’t fall through the grates and let them smoke for 20 minutes or until the cheese has begun to slightly melt.
Invest in a good oyster shucking knife and cut resistant gloves to ensure a safe oyster shucking experience
Pairing Suggestions/Maximizing Leftovers
Pairs wonderfully with grilled bread that can be used for sopping up extra sauce