This quick queso dip benefits from smoking a poblano pepper and tomato while the cheese melts on the smoker and adding it to the queso at the end, finished with a sprig of cilantro.
I made this recipe on a Green Mountain Grills pellet smoker, but it can be made on any grill or even the oven, but what sets it apart is the smoky flavor of the poblano and the dip from being cooked on the grill.
- 16 oz Velveeta Queso Blanco (you need to use Velveeta in this recipe because of the way it melts)
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 roma tomato, sliced in half lengthwise
- dash smoked paprika
- large bunch cilantro, added at the end
- Put the Velveeta in a grill safe bowl or cast iron pot. Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Add the cast iron pot, and let the poblano and tomato roast on the grill.
- When the cheese has completely melted, and the poblano has begun to char, remove the poblano and tomato.
- Roughly slice vegetables, and add to the cheese, stirring to combine.
- Remove the cheese dip from the grill and roughly chop the cilantro and place as garnish on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Or if you are eating low carb, try it with pork rinds.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Green Mountain Grills. I only work with brands I personally use and endorse.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: smoked cheese dip, smoked queso, smoked poblano queso dip, velveeta mexican dip recipe, cheese dip on pellet smoker