I find the mild flavor of these cauliflower steaks are perfect with a fresh, punchy sauce. Make sure to also try making my mint chimichurri sauce recipe, which is a tasty combination of mint, orange and pistachio in a garlicky base.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup roughly chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat your pellet smoker, grill or oven to 400° F.
- In a small food processor combine all herb sauce ingredients; pulse until well mixed. Set aside.
- Remove green leaves from the base of the cauliflower. Cut the head in half. Cut each half into 2 “steaks” about 1-inch thick. Rub with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cauliflower steaks on grill. For best browning on a pellet smoker or to prepare in the oven place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook 15 minutes, flip the steaks, continue cooking 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve steaks topped with herb sauce and sprinkled with pistachios.
Cutting a cauliflower into steaks does leave behind some florets from the edges. Either grill these stray pieces alongside your steaks, or use them for one of the other many other tasty cauliflower recipes on GrillGirl.com.
- Category: Vegetable
Keywords: vegetable, cauliflower, vegetarian dinner, chimichurri sauce