Smoked peaches served on cedar planks, finished with mascarpone, honey and chopped pistachios are an easy yet awe-inspiring dessert. With peach season in full swing, I felt remiss to not share this gem of a grilled peach recipe from my book, Healthy Electric Smoker Cookbook. It’s the perfect light dessert after a hearty smoked meal.
Cooking peaches on the grill
- First, soak the cedar planks in water for 20 minutes beforehand.
- Make sure you don’t put the planks directly over the flame—cook with indirect heat.
What is plank cooking?
Plank cooking is a cooking method where you heat your food on a wood plank, often made from cedar wood. Planking allows you to retain moisture in your food while imparting a subtle wood flavor from cedar or whatever wood is used for the plank.
Plank cooking has been around for a long time and many cultures have their own methods of cooking food on a wooden plank. You can cook almost anything on a plank, from fruit and vegetables to fish and pork, to desserts like this peach treat!
Where can I find cedar planks?
Grocery stores are a good place to buy cedar planks. Look for them in the grill section. You might also be able to find cedar planks at Home Depot near the grills. And, of course, there is always Amazon as well.
This grilled peach recipe can be made with different swap outs to suit your dietary needs.
- Paleo Swap: If you are eating dairy-free, switching to coconut ice cream will make this dessert paleo.
- Low-carb Swap: Swapping the honey with low-carb Lakanto maple flavored sugar-free syrup will keep this a lower carb dessert and keep you in ketosis.
- Low-calorie Swap: Replace the mascarpone with classic Cool Whip
- 4 peaches, halved and pits removed
- 2 cedar planks (soaked)
- 1/2 cup (approximately 4 oz.) mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Soak the cedar planks for 10 minutes before using.
- When I make cedar plank smoked peaches I set my pellet smoker to the temperature of 250 degrees.
- Halve the peaches and remove their seeds.
- Put 4 peach halves on each cedar plank and smoke for 30 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the smoker and place on separate dessert plates for serving.
- Add 1 tbsp. mascarpone, a drizzle of honey, 1 tbsp. chopped pistachios, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon on top.
- Prepare for dessert ecstasy!
- PRO TIP: You can easily switch out the peaches with other stone fruits such as nectarines, plums or apricots.
- PRO TIP: Leftover smoked peaches can be used for the peach-poblano cornbread recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Smoking, Plank Cooking
Keywords: cedar plank recipes, smoked peaches, peach recipes, grilled peach recipe, smoked peach recipe, grilled desserts, dessert on the grill, peach dessert recipe, cedar plank recipes, cooking on a cedar plank, how to cook on a cedar plank
Love peaches? Check out my other recipes!