This sheet pan dinner can just as easily be made in the oven, but the pellet smoker adds a nice hint of smoky flavor and doesn’t heat up the house during warmer weather.
- 1 lb. ground chicken (or your favorite ground meat)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. water or broth
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. dried Italian herb blend
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 16 pieces (I like using two pieces of string cheese, cut into eight pieces each to keep it simple!)
- 1 lb. grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, divided
- 1 ¼ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb. zucchini, cut into zoodles (or purchase already cut zoodles)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Preheat your pellet smoker, or another cooker, to 425°.
- Brush or spray a rimmed sheet pan with avocado oil.
- In a bowl combine all meatball ingredients except the mozzarella cheese. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a ball around a piece of mozzarella cheese making sure the cheese is fully covered. Place on prepared pan.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle around the meatballs.
- Place sheet pan on the grill. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss zucchini noodles with remaining oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Using a small spatula, carefully move the meatballs and tomatoes to the outside of the sheet pan. Place seasoned zoodles in the center of the sheet pan. Continue cooking, about 10 minutes, or until the zoodles are hot and tender and the meatballs have cooked through- when testing the internal temp of meats I recommend using a thermapen so I know when it is done. Ground chicken should have an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Serve meatballs and tomatoes over zoodles. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
Note: Affiliate links have been used. Using the links helps keep the site going and there is no cost to you. Thanks!