There are many variations of the Colombian Style hot dog, with some people putting a (cooked) Quail Egg on the top! This is how it was made for me by a Colombian friend!
- 8 hot dogs- I use use Nitrate Free Hot dogs
- 8 pack hot dog buns
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Mustard
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Pineapple Preserves
- 2 cups Crushed Potato Chips (I like Ruffles chopped up bc they are extra crunchy)
- Grill hot dogs on Kingsford Charcoal until they are nice and charred on all sides.
- Spread the buns out and toast for a few minutes on the grill on the cooler side, being careful not to burn.
- Mix mayo, mustard and ketchup to make a “pink sauce.” I like to put this in a squeeze bottle to squeeze on top, but whatever works for you!
- Place the hot dog in the bun and add a tablespoon of pineapple preserves. Next, add pink sauce and then finish with crushed potato chips.
- This is an unexpectedly tasty combo of sweet, salty, smoky and crunch all in one bite!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Latin, American
- Method: Grill
- Serving Size: 2 Hot dogs
Keywords: Colombian Style Hot Dogs