- 1 lb chicken cutlets or boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 2 large vidalia onions
- 2 large zucchini squash, sliced into ½” pieces (see picture)
- 12 bamboo skewers – soaked in water beforehand.
Thai Peanut Sauce recipe:
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or the juice of 5 limes)
- Zest of 2 limes
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
Combine ingredients in a saucepan and let simmer for 10 minutes. Reserve sauce for serving with skewers as well as serving over rice.
Make Thai peanut sauce by combining all the ingredients and simmering on the stove. Once the sauce has cooled, marinate the chicken pieces in 1 cup of sauce for 20 minutes. Next, quarter the Vidalia onions and slice the zucchini. Skewer the chicken, Vidalia onion (about three layers thick of onion) and zucchini alternating ingredients on the skewer.
Preheat your grill to 350 degrees, about medium heat. Grill the skewers for seven minutes or until an internal read thermometer registers 170 degrees for the chicken.
Serve the skewers with rice and additional Thai Peanut sauce for dipping. The Thai Peanut sauce is great for flavoring the rice and is quite addictive.