- 12+ bamboo skewers (soak for 30 minutes beforehand)
- 1lb beef sirloin, cut into 1” wide pieces, 1/4” thick slices
- 1 package of Naan, Pita or flatbread, enough for 4 “wraps”
- one tomato, diced
- 2 cups arugula
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice (the juice of one medium lime)
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice (or juice of one medium lime)
- Puree all marinade ingredients (soy sauce, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, sugar and garlic) with a hand mixer or food processor until it forms a paste.
- Combine marinade and beef in a non-reactive container and marinate in the refrigerator for four hours.
- Thread the beef strips onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients (sour cream, cilantro and lime juice) and refrigerate until ready to serve).
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium-high heat, about 350-400 degrees.
- Grill the skewers for three minutes on each side or until char marks form. These are thin slices of meat so they don’t need much time on the grill.