Have a hankering for a cold cocktail this summer? This recipe mojito with a twist is super easy with awe inspiring results! By smoking the ingredients including water and making ice out of them, you easily add smoke flavor to this refreshing cocktail.
Plus, it has a nod to Florida with the infusion of key lime in the drink as well as for presentation. Perhaps we need to whip up a key lime pie while we're at it, too!
Key Lime Smoked Mojito Recipe
- 4 cups of distilled water
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 2 tbsp. simple syrup (or to taste)
- 10 mint leaves
- 4 key limes cut in half
- 1/2 cup of tequila or rum
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
- 2 key lime wedges, for garnish
- When ready to cook, start your pellet smoker according to the grill instructions. Set the temperature to smoke setting and preheat, lid closed, for 10 minutes.
- Pour 4 cups of water, 4 key lime cut in halves, and 10 mint leaves into a metal pan. Place pan on grill and smoke water for 30 minutes.
- Remove water from grill by pouring water over a colander to remove mint and key lime. Pour smoked water into ice cube trays. Place in freezer until frozen.
- Add tequila, lime juice, simple syrup mint, and smoked ice to a blender.
- Blend until a slushy consistency and pour into glasses.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge. Enjoy!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Delicious!!! Perfect drink! Did a test run this afternoon. Will be a definite for super bowl party!!