- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup arrowroot starch
- Avocado oil for frying
- Cover cashews with water and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain cashews and place in a blender. Add water, coconut aminos, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place green beans in boiling water. Cook 3 minutes, transfer immediately to an ice bath to cool. Remove from ice water to pan lined with towels. Blot dry.
- Heat oven to 350° Grease a 3-quart casserole dish with ghee or avocado oil; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt ghee. Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
- In a large bowl combine cashew cream, green beans, and mushrooms. Stir to thoroughly combine. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until hot and beans are tender.
- Meanwhile, toss onion slices with arrowroot starch to coat.
- Heat about 1-2-inches of avocado oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat to 350°
- Fry onions in batches, turning frequently, until crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
- Top green beans with fried onions just before serving.