This naturally skinny margarita gets a nice flavor boost by being rimmed with GrillGirl’s Sunshine State of Mind Cocktail Rimmer, infusing every sip with the essence of Kaffir lime, Granulated honey, Himalayan Salt, Orange peel and coriander.
This recipe makes two cocktails.
- 4 oz tequila
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup (ie, one teaspoons per drink)
- dash of orange juice, triple sec or cointreau (don’t overdo it, but this does cut the tartness a bit of the limes)
- Juice of two large limes, plus an additional lime for garnish.
- 1–1/2 cans or 12 ounces of lime flavored sparkling water
- 2–3 tbsp Sunshine State of Mind Craft BBQ Rub and Cocktail Rimmer
Combine the tequila, agave syrup, lime juice in a cocktail shaker with some ice in a cocktail shaker and shake profusely to help dissolve the agave syrup. Using the leftover lime, rub it around the rim of the glass to wet the glass on the edges- this is where the rub is going to adhere to. Next and then Pour into a Collins glass filled with ice, and then add soda water. If you like your margaritas a bit sweeter, I add a bit of stevia in the raw to my glass.
If you feel like you want your ‘rita a bit sweeter, add a touch of stevia or monk fruit sweetener to keep the calories low. By starting with a base of agave, it keeps it tasting natural, not artificial.
- Category: cocktails, margaritas
Keywords: best skinny margarita, how to make a skinny margarita, skinny margarita ingredients, skinny margarita how many calories, Seafood Seasoning