• 2 lbs lionfish filets
• 1 cup lime juice- approximately 7 large limes
• 1/4 tsp lime zest
• 1 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1-2 jalapeno or serrano pepper, diced (depending on how spicy you like!)
• 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
• 1 large bunch cilantro, chopped
• 2 avocados, diced
• fresh ground pepper, to taste
• sea salt, to taste
- Chop the Lionfish into small chunks, making sure that they are evenly sized so they cook evenly.
- Chop all veggies and set aside. Juice your limes, combine with vinegar.
- Add the fish and all veggies except the avocado to the lime juice mixture.
- Let marinate for at least 20 minutes or until the fish is opaque.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss with avocado.
- Serve with plantain or yucca chips for a nice appetizer or light meal when visiting Florida!