- 2 bananas, sliced lengthwise with skin on
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup dark rum (I prefer Meyers Rum)
- 1/2 cup cup brown sugar
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup candied pecans or pralines (optional)
- Prepare a grill for medium heat at 350 degrees, creating direct and indirect zones.
- In a grill safe saucepan (this can also be done inside), melt the butter, add the brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and salt and stir on the indirect heat side.
- Add the rum and let the sauce reduce down.
- While the sauce reduces on the grill, grill the bananas, exposed side down, until char marks form, repeat on “skin on” side (keeping the skin on helps keep the bananas in tact).
- Remove the bananas from the grill and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Scoop ice cream into a bowl. Remove the banana from its skin and place on top of ice cream. Drizzle the rum sauce generously over the banana and ice cream mixture. Add pecans or pralines if you so desire!