- 1 large bag of slaw mix, or approximately 5 cups of shredded cabbage (Napa would be great for this recipe but I was too lazy to shred the cabbage myself!).
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Get out one medium bowl for mixing the liquids and one large serving bowl for the slaw. Combine the rice vinegar, sesame oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic with a whisk until uniform in consistency.
In the larger bowl, combine the slaw mix, red bell pepper, green onions and cilantro. Toss the liquid ingredients into the cabbage mix and combine. Let marinate in the fridge at least an hour before serving.