- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 slices thick white bread
- 2 middle slices of cooked brisket
- 3 tablespoons Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ cup diced onions, these cooked in a skillet or grilled in barbecue sauce
- 4 slices Colby jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat your grill to medium direct heat- 350 degrees and place a cast iron on the grates (you can also use a griddle on the grill or indoors).
- Add 1 tbsp of butter and tbsp. of barbecue sauce and sauté the onions in the sauce and butter for about 5 minutes or until they have begun to melt and break down.
- Remove from skillet.
- Next, melt remaining butter and add the bread and let it begin to toast.
- Meanwhile, warm the leftover brisket in the skillet next to the bread.
- Add 2 slices of cheese per slice and grill until it begins to melt, about 4 minutes.
- Turn the heat down on your grill if the bread is heating too quickly.
- Once the cheese has begun to melt, remove the brisket and slice in half so you can add it to the bread.
- Place the brisket on top of one of the slices of grilled cheese and then add the onions, followed by Kraft Barbecue Sauce.
- Place the remaining piece of cheese bread on top and let the flavors melt together. Slice in half. Experience grilled cheese and brisket smothered in barbecue sauce ecstasy.
This is a sponsored post from Kraft Barbecue Sauce, but the recipe and opinions are all my own. Sponsored posts help keep this blog going!