- 2 ribeye steaks with the fat trimmed (or whatever cut you have on hand)
- Mixed Greens
- Tomatoes (not overly ripe – even green would work nicely)
Marinade / Dressing:
- 3/4 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 table spoons of lemon juice
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper (to your liking)
- To make the dressing/marinade, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Place steak in a plastic zipper bag. Pour half the marinade and seal. Refrigerate for an about an hour – if you can marinade it longer it’ll just be that much more better.
- Prepare the onion strings: Slice onion very thin. Place in a baking dish and cover with buttermilk and soak for at least an hour.
- Grill the steak to your liking. Once your steak is grilled and resting grill your tomatoes and scallions – your looking for great char marks but don’t want to have your tomatoes fall apart
- In a large salad bowl add your greens, tomatoes and scallions and pour the dressing. Cut your steak into strips and add it to the bowl.Serve immediately and enjoy!