- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 10 oz baby bella mushrooms (or your pick, cremini would be GREAT)
- 2 cups roasted sweet potato (dice and roast beforehand or during the cooking process- this will be added at the end)
- 2 red apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 cup raisins or low sugar craisins (optional)
- 1/8 cup chopped almonds (optional)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and roast your chopped sweet potato until soft, about 40 minutes. (I covered mine in coconut oil first, then roasted- this added great flavor).
Remove the pork from the casing and brown in a large pan. Remove the sausage from the pan, set aside but leave the gravy drippings.
Saute the onions, celery and mushrooms in the pan in the sausage drippings, getting the crispy bits off the bottom.
Pull out your medium/large sized casserole dish and pour the mixture in. Add the sweet potatoes, diced apples, craisins and almonds and fresh sage to the mixture. Next, add the two eggs and mix well.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. Garnish with additional sprigs of sage.