Football season is upon us which means plenty of tailgating! While burgers and dogs are great why not kick it up a notch? This Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwich with Chimichurri Sauce & Roasted Peppers is just what you need to liven up your next tailgate. The kick of of the chimmichuri sauce and sweetness of the roasted peppers round out the flavors from the grilled steak. Making it a sandwich gives you a free hand so you can cheer your team on.Print
- 2 lbs skirt steak (ask your butcher for the inner skirt steak)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 roasted red pepper (I used a bottled brand if you want you can roast them on the grill)
- 2 – 3 baguettes (Italian bread or Cuban bread work too)
- Chimmichuri Sauce (click here for the ingredients & recipe)
Mix all your ingredients in a gallon storage bag and add your skirt steak. Marinate your meat (preferably overnight but if you don’t have time 30 minutes to an hour is ok). In a very hot grill sear the meat. I prefer medium well so about 5 minutes per side. After your meat has cooked and rested thinly slice it. Lightly grill your bread and rub it with a garlic clove once it’s grilled. Assemble your sandwich layering on the meat then sliced roasted peppers and a drizzle (or two) of the chimmichuri sauce.
Did you like these skirt steak sandwiches? Check out these other great recipes!