School has officially started which for me means a sea of homework and projects to assist with which also translates into less time to prepare dinner. These shrimp and pineapple skewers are the perfect midweek meal.Print
- 2lbs fresh shrimp
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt + freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 limes (use the zest of of one lime as well)
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple (if you don’t have fresh frozen will work, canned pineapple won’t as it’ll break down once grilled)
Peel and devein your shrimp. In a large bowl season your shrimp with salt and pepper, the juice of two limes and the zest of one, minced garlic, fresh parsley. Skewer your shrimp and pineapple. Brush each skewer with olive oil before setting it on the grill. Before turning your skewers make sure you brush the other side as well.
Pair this with a fabulous side dish and you have yourself a complete meal in no time.
* Tip: If using wooden skewers like I did make sure to soak them in water for about 15 minutes to avoid flare ups on your grill.