It's that time of year again where we all rush to the mall in search of the perfect fragrance for mom. We book reservations for brunch and order the prettiest bouquet of flowers. Take it from me (a mom of two) all of that is fine and dandy, but what I really want on Sunday is a fabulous brunch prepared especially for me and a nice tall drink to toast to.
Here are three cocktails that are sure to impress – cheers!
‘Café Con Leche’ Vodka Granita
- Yield: Serves about 4
I love chocolate inspired cocktails and I love café con leche, so what better way to start your Mother’s Day brunch with a decadent yet refreshing granita.
A granita's consistency is somewhere between a sorbet and a sno-cone and what’s even better is you don’t need any special tools to make them.
2 cups black coffee
3–4 teaspoons of sugar to your preference
2 cups Belle Gabreille Chocolatier (or your favorite coffee or chocolate liqueur)
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Prepare your favorite coffee, dissolve the sugar and vanilla in the coffee and mix in 1 cup of your liqueur.
- Pour the mixture in a dish that is low and wide and place it in your freezer. After about an hour with a fork, scrape the edges and place back in the freezer.
- An hour later repeat step 2 and continue the process till you have a sno-cone like consistency.
- While you’re waiting on your granita to fully freeze you can prepare your ‘leche’ topping. Whip the heavy whipping cream until it forms peaks while slowly adding the remaining chocolate liqueur.
- Place your martini glasses in the freezer till their nice and frosted. Scoop out the granita and top with your ‘leche’ whip cream. You can garnish the cream with a dash of chocolate powder.
Kid-friendly Version: Substitute coffee for hot chocolate mix (prepare hot chocolate with water not milk) and omit liqueur. Drizzle chocolate syrup over the whipped cream topping.
- Yield: Serves about 2
Mango Madness Bellini
Its mango season here is South Florida but if you don’t have access to fresh mangos don’t worry frozen will work perfectly too.
- 4 ounces prosecco
- 4 ounces of mango puree (or store bought juice works well)
- Mix the prosecco and mango juice together into champagne flutes or wine glasses. Add mango slices.
Kid-friendly Version: Substitute prosecco with your favorite lemon-lime soda.
Orange Cranberry Cosmo
- Yield: Serves about 3
This Cosmopolitan is a tad bit sweeter than the classic cosmo – just like your mom.
- 1 oz. citrus flavored vodka
- A splash of grenadine syrup
- 1 oz. Crandberry juice
- A splash of lemon lime soda
- 1 fresh lime
- Pour all the ingredients in a cocktail glass, squeeze half of the lime. Shake in a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in frosted martini glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
Kid-friendly Version: You have all the ingredients here to make the classic Shirley Temple, omit the vodka and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.