- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice (or the juice of one lemon)
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (in a pinch you can use a dash of curry seasoning to add “color”
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp garam masala
- sea salt – approx. ½ teaspoon
- fresh ground pepper- the more the better
Combine all ingredients but the chicken to create the marinade. Marinate the chicken thighs in the yogurt dressing for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Heat a grill to 400 degrees and create a direct and indirect cooking zone. Coat the grill grates with canola oil or grill spray so the chicken does not stick. Next, grill the chicken thighs on indirect heat for 4 minutes each side or until the internal temperature registers 160 degrees with a meat thermometer (I recommend a thermapen).
Next, grill the chicken on direct heat for 2 minutes per side to crisp the skin. Remove from heat and tent under foil for 10 minutes.
Goes great with a green salad with Tahini dressing and grilled veggies.