This Sriracha BBQ Chickens Wings recipe came from Noah Glanville, owner of Pit Barrel Cooker. While grilling chicken wings or drummettes, a BBQ Sauce/Sriracha glaze is applied, for tasty results and an amazing color.
- 20 Chicken Drummettes (or “wings” if you prefer, I’m a “drummette” person)
- Pit Barrel Cooker All Purpose Pit Rub OR a BBQ rub that doesn’t have sugar
- 1/2 cup (or more) of BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry. Generously sprinkle the wings with BBQ rub.
- Next, combine the BBQ sauce and Sriracha hot sauce to form a glaze.
- Prepare the Pit Barrel smoker for grilling (this includes lighting the charcoal and letting it heat up for about 20-25 minutes).
- Put the wings on the grill and let them cook with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Flip the wings, and coat with the glaze and let them continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the internal temp (I recommend using the instant read Thermapen) reads 170 degrees.
- Tent the wings for 10 minutes under foil before serving.
In the original Pit Barrel Cooker video they suggested cooking these wings for 45 minutes. I found that 30 minutes was plenty of time to cook these wings to the proper internal temp. A lot of this will depend on your altitude/where you live, how hot the coals are, etc which is why using a meat thermometer is so important!
- Category: Chicken Wings
- Method: Grilled
Keywords: Sriracha BBQ Wings, Chicken Drummettes, Spicy BBQ sauce, Pit Barrel Cooker recipe, charcoal chicken wings, wings glaze