- 15–20 chicken wings and/or drummettes
- 1 12 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon curry seasoning
- 2/3 cup Caribbean style hot sauce (habanero base). For those who don’t tolerate heat, this amount can be reduced to 1/3 cup.
- 1 (heaping) tablespoon fresh ground ginger
Combine sauce ingredients and stir well. Reserve 1/3 cup for basting and 1/3 cup to be served with the wings as a dipping sauce.
Marinate the wings in the remaining sauce for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Heat your grill to medium high heat at 350 degrees and create a direct and indirect cooking zone. Oil the grates of the grill so the wings do not stick. Grill the wings on indirect heat for 7-8 minutes each side. Finish the wings on direct heat to get nice char marks, basting with sauce on each side. Once the internal temp reaches 170 degrees, pull them off. Tent under foil for 10 minutes and serve with additional sauce.
Do you have a favorite wing recipe? Would love to hear about it! If you love wings, you will also love my Chipotle Sriracha Wings with blue cheese dip, my original long standing favorite wing recipe.