- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms caps, stems removed
- 8 oz cheese- mozzarella, provolone or your favorite Italian cheese
- 1 12 oz package Chicken sausage (like Aidells or Al Fresco Natural)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped sundried tomatos (optional)
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh
basil torn into small pieces
Preheat a grill to medium heat. While the grill is heating up, prepare the pizzas: Rinse and dry the portobello caps. Layer 2 tbsp of marinara sauce on each mushroom, with the bottom facing up. Next, add 2 slices cheese to each cap. Once the grill is heated up, grill sausage until charmarks form on both sides. Meanwhile, put the mushrooms on a large double layer piece of foil. Place the mushroom pizzas/foil on the grill and heat until the cheese is fully melted and sauce begins to bubble (about 6-8 minutes).
Remove the mushrooms and sausage. Slice the sausage and layer on top of the pizzas. Sprinkle the chopped sun dried tomatoes, spinach and basil on the pizzas. Pair with an arugula salad for a perfect light personal pizza!