- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 pints (4 cups) rinsed blueberries
- the juice and zest of 4 lemons
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp ginger
- 2–3 tblsp cornstarch
- Simmer the blueberries, lemon juice, zest, sugar, honey and ginger over medium heat for 30-45 minutes or until the mixture has gone from a liquid to thick consistency. Add each tablespoon of cornstarch to the liquid over time, careful to make sure there are no lumps. The lemons make the mixture very liquid, so the mixture must cook down over time.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 360 degrees. Roll out the pie shell and form into a pie pan. Once the mixture has thickened to a jam-like consistency, pour into the bottom of the pan. Place the other pie crust on the top, sealing the edges, and cut slips in the top so steam can escape.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Cover the edges with foil if they are browning more quickly than the rest of the pie.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- I’ve been enjoying this pie for breakfast and don’t feel guilty about it and neither will you!