- Romaine Hearts (one per person)- rinse, dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil (give or take) you will drizzle this over the romaine hearts
- Sea Salt- to taste
- Fresh Ground Black pepper
- Parmesan Cheese- (or another hard/aged cheese) grated over the grilled romaine hearts
- Prepare your grill for direct heat.
- Rinse/dry the romaine hearts, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Grill the romaine hearts on direct for 3-4 minutes each side, or until char marks form and the lettuce begins to wilt.
- Remove the hearts from the grill and grate a generous amount of parmesan (or another hard/aged cheese) on the hearts (you can also add a little more olive oil).
- For a crowd, you can chop the hearts up and put them in a bowl to serve as a large salad. I serve one heart per person on the side of the main course.
This dish is super easy and people always think you are the most creative person on earth when you serve it. Most people don’t think of grilling lettuce which is why this is such a fun dish to serve- it is always a welcome surprise at the dinner table!